One Direction Partayyyy!

One Direction Partayyyy!
Ha, yeah right.

Tuesday 8 January 2013

A Satanic Ritual

 I can't seem to find the cave I wrote this about, but this is a true event and when I say that a man's heart was taken, I mean it quite literally. When he died, he requested to have it taken out and kept in an urn in the cave. However, some months later, it was stolen.
The cave was known to be the base of Satanic rituals and the man I speak of in the poem was thought to be the founder of it.

The girl I speak of is not related to this man in any sense. She is a beautiful girl, helplessly in love with an older man. The boys in her town become jealous of her attractions and decide to set her up- they tell her that her lover is awaiting her in the cave, wanting to be married immediately.
When she gets to the cave, in her bridal gown, there are a group of boys but her lover- surprise, surprise- is not present. In her anger, the girl throws a stone at the boys and in annoyance, the boys throw a stone back at her. It hits her between the eyes and she dies immediately.



I saw the face but your eyes did not see
The leering, gaping monstrosity
He was sat in the dark, in the blinding pitch
To you, it was simply a ‘technical glitch’

You called me mad, you pronounced me insane
You said there was something ‘wrong’ with my brain
But I know what I saw when I looked down the ‘way
His face was alit with a fiery dismay!

The readied bride, skipping down in glee
Only to find the smirking emcee
She picked up a stone, threw it at the man’s heart
But laughter erupted as death did her part

A Satanic ritual had taken his love
In a sacrifice meant for the hands of above
But Satan had sated on a murder long fated
And a woman had died whilst her consort ‘awaited’!

I know what I saw when I looked down the ‘way!
I saw the misery of another lone day
Another day, without his shielded heart
Another with their souls drifting mountains apart

‘HE STOLE IT!’ was the startling reverberation in my ears
Confirming the enigma of my silent fears
For the truth, I discovered, of that fateful night
Was that a poor man’s heart was taken, in spite.

4 comments: