One Direction Partayyyy!

One Direction Partayyyy!
Ha, yeah right.

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Hey there ;P

 The lyrics at the end of the last post were from the song Sober by Pink. If you've never heard it, LISTEN TO IT, PEEPS. Grab a few tissues as well- you may need them to dry your eyes.

So the first (technically second) thing I'm gonna say today is that instead of doing a Song of the Week I'm going to do a Song of the Day. I'm too much of a musicaholic (is that a word???) to just do one a week. So let's get today's out of the way.

Song of the Day: Issues- Escape The Fate


This song truly takes me back to another time- I hope you love it as much as I do.

OK, so I recall writing that if I get enough views, I would post some of my own work. I'm content with 101 views, so here's a poem I wrote literally five minutes ago. It's not yet edited but I'd love to hear your feedback, regardless. I'd also love to read your writing if you want to share ;P
Anyway, it's called Reckless Divine and I got the idea standing in line for... brace yourselves... art class. Funnily enough, I was at the front of the line when the first line hit me.


First in the line of reckless divine
And no, I do not speak of Frankenstein
When I say the word 'reckless', does it spring to the mind
That I may just be speaking of humankind?

Suicide, homicide, decidedly the same
We live and we die- it's the rules of the game
The only difference is, at the end of the day
Death at one's own hand sends you to the fire freeway

One million different religions with the one, old, same belief
Wars and pointless strifes will not be the remedy towards your grief
Do not feel like a fool when admitting your defeat
There's love out there- if you find it, it'll knock you off your feet

First in the line of reckless divine
And no, I do not speak of humankind
When I say the word 'reckless', does it spring to the mind
That I may just be speaking of the hidden soul inside?


SOoo...
I'm reading this amazing book at the moment called Divine By Mistake. It's by PC Cast, the same author of the House of Night series if any of you are familiar with that series? If you're not, I recommend it to you wholeheartedly- both the Goddess of Partholon and the House of Night series. They both focus on the supernatural realm (which I personally love) and have creative, totally insane but touching storylines.
What book are you reading at the moment and which genre do you like the most when it comes to reading materials? Leave your reply in the comments ;P

Anyways, the last thing I want to say is if anybody has any ideas for my blog, I'd be more than happy to listen. I always welcome new ideas so bring 'em on, peeps. Leave 'em in the comments and me font sourire!

Lyrics: My love for you went viral

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, I'd love to hear your song of the day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm like that with Nad and Dal. Nad loves sort of rnb and Dal loves pop. I'm like the 'alien' of the family ;P

    ReplyDelete