One Direction Partayyyy!

One Direction Partayyyy!
Ha, yeah right.

Thursday 3 January 2013

Today is going slooooow...

 The lyrics at the end of the last post were from the song Drive By by Train. Here's the link...

Song of the Day is Behind Blue Eyes by Limp Bizkit... 


You know when you wake up and you just know it's gonna be one of those days where you're gonna be bored out of your mind? Well yeah, I woke up like that today.
Today is going so slow and I'm so, so bored. I'm kinda just wanting school to start back up, which is palpable proof of my boredom.
Do you have any plans for today or are you having one of those days too?

So between episodes of Most Haunted and Keeping Up With The Kardashians, I keep jotting novel ideas down and throwing them away into a void of nothingness. I'm more suited to poetry, I think, than story writing. But hey, here's a short part of a story I started this morning. I'm not really sure where I want to go with it and again, it's not edited but I'd love to hear your opinion. The words in bold are words that should be emphasised.



We are all born to die.
As I stared at the pale man in front of me, I repeated this mantra in my head. The room was dark and cool, one single window sitting dejectedly on the far wall shining only a small ray of sunlight through its rusted panes. Small compartments were piled high, almost touching the surprisingly pretentious ceiling and a ladder regally towered the length, allowing me pathetically easy access to the body I so seemingly sought.
Paradox had it, however, that although I found myself in a morgue full of dead, covered bodies, the insipid man I saw in front of me was not dead.
He was alive. And breathing.
It was explicit in my mind that I had been sent here to kill. They had sent me with a knife, after all.
Unlike the rest of the gang, however, I had both a conscience and a heart. Why should an innocent man have to sacrifice his life for an unintelligible antediluvian legend?


Ok, yeah, I wasn't exaggerating when I said short, but it's an idea inspired by a dream that I had. It was quite a messed up dream but it seems like a good storyline nonetheless (to me, anyway). Maybe you can't quite tell from that short paragraph, but I'd like to hear your views on whether my writing is interesting and whether you would want to read on just by reading that small bit?
The last thing I'd like to ask is for a name for the gang in my story. It's a vicious gang. Also, I'd like to ask you amazing readers if you have any names in your mind that could be used for a rock/alternative band? None that already exist ;P

Have a nice morning/ afternoon/ evening and leave an answer to my questions ;P I'll see you all tomorrow, hopefully. :)

Lyrics: It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right

1 comment:

  1. Haha thanks lol, I like to think that I'm good at English. And you have an awesome taste in music :)

    ReplyDelete